Asphalt sealcoating is a preventive measure that helps maintain the integrity of asphalt pavement. It protects the asphalt from weather damage and wears and tear. Sealcoating also enhances the appearance of pavement, making it look new and fresh.
Benefits of Sealcoating Asphalt Surface
There are many benefits to sealcoating asphalt pavement. Some of these benefits include:
1. Protection from weather damage: Sealcoating creates a barrier between the asphalt and the elements, which helps to prevent weather damage. Sealcoating protects asphalt pavement from the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
2. Prevention of wear and tear: Sealcoating also acts as a barrier against gas, oil, and harsh chemicals that can cause wear and tear on asphalt pavement. Sealcoating fills in small cracks and surface voids, reducing the amount of moisture penetrating the pavement.
3. Enhanced appearance: Sealcoating gives asphalt pavement a new look, improving the appearance of the pavement.
4. Increased life span: Properly maintained asphalt pavement can last many years. Sealcoating extends the life of asphalt pavement.
5. Cost savings: Sealcoating is essential to maintaining asphalt pavement. It helps to extend the life of the pavement and can save money in the long run by reducing repair costs.
The Drawbacks of Sealcoating
The main drawback of sealcoating is the cost. Sealcoating is relatively expensive, and the costs can add up over time. However, the long-term benefits of sealcoating usually outweigh the short-term costs.
If you’re considering sealcoating your asphalt pavement, it’s important to weigh the benefits and drawbacks carefully. Sealcoating can be an excellent way to protect and extend the life of your pavement, but it’s not right for every situation. Talk to a professional asphalt contractor to get expert advice on whether sealcoating is right for you.
The Process of Sealcoating Asphalt Pavement
Sealcoating is a simple process that can be done by a do-it-yourselfer or a professional paving contractor. The steps involved in sealcoating are:
1. Cleaning: The first step is to clean the surface of the asphalt pavement with a power washer or a wire brush.
2. Repairing: The next step is to repair any cracks or potholes in the pavement, to avoid premature damage and extend the life of the sealcoat.
3. Applying the sealcoat: The sealcoat is then applied to the surface of the asphalt pavement with a brush, roller, or sprayer.
4. Curing: The final step is to cure the sealcoat by allowing the sealcoat to dry for 24 to 48 hours or by using a curing compound.
Asphalt Sealcoating: Do it yourself or hire a professional?
Sealcoating is a relatively simple process, but it is important to do it correctly to achieve the desired results. When it comes to sealcoating, there are two options: do it yourself or hire a professional. If you are not confident in your ability to do the job correctly, it is best to hire a professional. Here are some things to consider when making your decision:
1. Cost: The cost of hiring a professional can vary depending on the job size and location. However, it is generally cheaper to do it yourself.
2. Time: Sealcoating a driveway or parking lot can be time-consuming. If you hire a professional, they can do it in a fraction of the time.
3. Experience: A professional paving contractor will have the experience and knowledge to do the job correctly. They will also be able to identify any problem areas and take steps to prevent further damage.
4. Quality: A professional paving contractor will use high-quality materials and equipment that will result in a better-looking, longer-lasting sealcoat.
5. Safety: Applying a sealcoat can be a dangerous job. If you are not experienced, it is best to leave it to the professionals.
When it comes to sealcoating, there are pros and cons to both DIY and professional options. Ultimately, the decision comes down to cost, time, experience, quality, and safety.
Working with Professional Paving Contractors: American Asphalt Sealing Inc
Working with a professional paving contractor is always the best option when it comes to sealcoating your asphalt driveway or parking lot. A reliable paving contractor will have the experience and expertise necessary to properly sealcoat your pavement. Additionally, we can help you choose the right sealcoat for your specific situation.
American Asphalt Sealing Inc. is a great option if you’re looking for a professional paving contractor in the area. We’ve been sealcoating asphalt driveways and parking lots for over five years and are experts in the field. We use only the highest quality materials, and our work is guaranteed to last.
For a free estimate on sealcoating services, contact us today. We’ll be happy to answer any questions about the process and help you decide if sealcoating is right for you.